Creative portrait (charcoal)
"Drawing is not following a line on the model, it is drawing your sense of the thing." -Robert Henri
Creative portrait is an exercise between likeness and expressivity. Our focus is for new comers and enthusiast alike to learn and experiment with different styles while retaining valuable foundations of drawing.
Charcoal and Graphite makes for an ideal media to work with partly due to its versatility. It is capable of creating strong dark strokes while retaining the ability to be smudged & blended. While charcoal is most commonly known in its stick form, the powdered variation can also be used interchangeably with dry brushes and various tools. Throughout the workshop, we will be covering some of the many methods that can be applied with this humble material.
"Beginning is the most important part of the work" -Plato.
Beginners might find drawing to be daunting for the fear of their inability to achieve a certain sense of realism, however just as a building is constructed with a scaffolding , drawing too has its own processes and can be broken down into simplified methods.
- The first module is designed to help participants create a keen sense of observational skills while breaking down visual references into simplified forms. The key to an easier process is always trying to work from a larger structure down to the smaller details.
- Rendering/Shading is a crucial process in bringing depth to a form. Participants will explore the idea of a Notan study to help simplify the dynamic of lights and shadow.
- On the final workshop, we will delve into one sustained work where the participants will express what they have learn throughout the coursework into their final piece.
· This is a 1 day workshop Each session will run for 3 hour
· Incl. Vine charcoal, Fine grained drawing paper, Kneadable eraser,
AMIEN is a Singapore-based
creative founded by artist Damien Soh. A graduate of LASALLE College of the
Arts.Specializing in Creative solutions, Illustration and
branding collateral, AMIEN works collaboratively with clients &
brands to realize the shared vision of a project. Aside from working with Commercial clients , Damien also
shuffles his time in creating workshops with the focus of traditional medium in
mind, the workshops serves as an inclusive space for beginners and
enthusiast alike to share a common love for the Arts.
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM SGT
- 200 Jalan Sultan, Textile Centre #08-05 S(199018)
Creative portrait (charcoal) SOLD OUT $89.00
- Venue Address
- 200 Jalan Sultan, Textile Centre #08-05 S(199018) Singapore
Please take lifts 7 or 8, press button "8/9"
AMIEN Workshop74 Followers